MORE EFFICIENT ENERGY PRODUCTION
The FUELCONTROL® system continuously measures the quality of solid fuels, such as moisture and contaminant concentration, utilizing X-ray technology. It replaces sampling based methods and provides a new way to enhance energy production.
- Moisture variations in fuel hamper the operation of the plants and complicate reliable fuel pricing.
- Fuel contaminants, such as stones and metals, cause equipment failure in fuel handling systems.
- Expensive investments in fuel sampling systems that require a lot of manual work and have high maintenance costs.
- Real-time and fully automatic fuel quality measurement at fuel receiving stage, enabling pay-per-load pricing, removal of impurities and immediate quality feedback to fuel suppliers.
- Real-time measurement of the fuel mixture before day silos, providing process adjustment and problem management data.
- Suitable for all solid biofuels
- Total measurement (not based on sampling), that is, it measures all fuel conveyed
- Real-time measurement of moisture and contaminant concentration and energy content
- Fuel type recognition
- The investment cost of an X-ray measurement system is up to 80% cheaper than an automatic sampling system.
- Suitable for official measurements (emissions permit, renewable energy subsidy)
- Can be connected to all modern production control and automation systems
- Safe electromagnetic radiation source and comprehensive security arrangements
- Article: Inray measures fuel quality of ships deliveries
- Article: Scanning the quality of waste fuels
- Article: Total scanning eliminates the sampling errors
- Article: Significant savings by measuring actual energy content of forest biomass
- Article: An optimized forest energy supply chain – savings hundreds of thousands of euros per year for fuel suppliers and power plants