AUTOMATIC QUALITY CONTROL FOR PULP CHIPS AND WHOLE TREE
Inray provides sawmills and pulp mills with X-ray scanners that measure the quality of raw material at different stages of the process. Measuring systems can be customized according to the customer needs and the measurement object. Inray X-ray scanners are compact equipment and can be supplemented with additional measurements, such as volume flow rate measurement or computer vision systems. The Protacon Group also provides consulting, design, monitoring, installation, servicing and maintenance services to the wood processing industry.
- Quality variations in logs
- Impurities from the pulpwood
- Impurities from the chips
- Sawmills use an X-ray scanner to analyse the internal quality of the log from the X-ray image in real-time. Log X-ray is suitable for sorting pine and spruce, and provides added value for the user, as the log raw material can be directed to the most suitable use according to demand.
- In pulpwood measurements, the X-ray scanners analyse the flow of wood through the conveyor, save measurement data in a database, and alert on stones and metals so they can be removed before the chipper.
- In pulp chips measurement, the X-ray scanner recognizes stones and metals in the chip stream so they can be removed before cooking. The system also provides data on moisture and the amount of chips, which can be utilized to optimize the process.
MAIN FEATURES - LOG X-RAY
- Versatile information on branches
- Wood part recognition
- Automatic quality grading
- Heartwood measurement
- Thickness of growth rings
- Barkless diameter
- Foreign objects
- Heartwood lumber strength estimation
MAIN FEATURES - PULP CHIPS AND PULPWOOD
- Real-time moisture and contaminant concentration measurement of chips, as well as volume flow rate measurement.
- Automatic recognition of stones and metals
- Total measurement (not based on sampling), that is, measures all chips conveyed
- Can be connected to all modern production control and automation systems
- Safe electromagnetic radiation source and comprehensive security arrangements
- Stora Enso Oyj, Finland
- Stora Enso Oyj, Latvia